Remington Nylon 66

Kevank

Inactive
Thinking of purchasing the above captioned gun. The Zytel has numerous scrapes and marks. Is there any product that can polish this material? Thanks.

You can use a plastic headlight cover polishing kit from an automotive parts store; or Howard's Feed-N-Wax, which will make scratches invisible.

Nicks/gouges are forever.

Besides the one listed, there are many products that will perform well for you. Currently I am using a product called; Novus-1 & Novus-2. Home depot also sells a product that is used to polish plastic sinks. Can't recall the name but it comes in a pint metal can with a metal threaded cap. I also use the Novus polish on Poly coated stocks like the ones you see on Brownings.

http://www.novuspolish.com/

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips:

Perhaps I should look for a cleaner example, but as you know, this is a pricey rifle.

I was amazed how much these were going for, the latest one in really good shape went to $470. The one bolt action one went for $525. To think that I used to scoff at these Mattel Plastic rifles. Even the clip magazine is going for $70. I would imagine a plastics supply house would have what you need to polish this plastic. I am sure it is a multi step process like it is for plexiglass. I will say though the Remmy Mohawk in .308 with that plastic stock was a good looking rifle with that rib and schnobble.

Back