Remington Nylon 66

TYARB

Inactive
TYarb1@wmconnect.com :confused: I recently purchased a Nylon 66 which will not feed properly. I got a parts schematic and discovered that the cartridge stop spring was missing. I got the spring, but cannot for the life of me figure out how it goes in. Any help would be appreciated.

My thanks to Nolan for the copy of disassembly/assembly instructions. It did the trick. Had my Nylon 66 back together and working great in about 20 minutes. TYARB

rem 66 manual

This is just a copy of my other message, but Harley Nolden, i was wondering if you could possibly email me a manual too? my email is smithe@carleton.edu . I've got mine disassembled, and don't really remember how it goes back correctly!! thanks!

Just picked a Nylon 66 up. Any chance of sending me the manual. Got a skeet outing tomorrow w/ three 12 yr olds. Thought I would take a 10-22 and the Nylon for some paper punching first. My biggest question -since I havent had one since I was 15 (a long time ago)- is when loading. How do you know when its full? It does not seem to have any viewing ports or windows, etc.
LF

Great help. :D To Harley:D I have a Nylon 66 that my F-in-Law ordered in 1957 and got the first one in the TX panhandle. He was impressed by the early ads. Remingtion really "sold" that rifle. Only brown and only butt fed then. Still have the book, too. They do have a couple of tricks! Like that little angle piece that slips into the receiver ... two ways ... but only one will work. Great shooters once you get used to the super light feel. My only complaint is that feeding through the butt one can never tell when it is full!!! My old Stevens M87D could be filled until I saw a bullet in the tubular mag; nice. Shot it so much and it wore such that it would go full auto and empty the mag real fast. Jackrabbits hated that! If you let off it would jam!

Arithmetic

gif-13.gif

1 in + 14 = 15 or 14 in the rear & 1 in = 15

I think the answer is a total of 15-1=14 in the tube with 1 in the chamber.

Back