Remington New Army 1858 Armi San Paolo

I just picked up a very nice deal on gunbroker for this Remington New Army 1858 Armi San Paolo (Euroarms). After my recent purchase of a new ROA the black powder bug has bitten me.

I just wish I had known how much fun these black powder smokers were in the past but i'm sure I'll make up for it! :)

pix237905203.jpg

I just received the Remington 1858 shown above today. It was a bit dirty with evidence of only being cleaned in minor detail and the cylinder holes had some caked powder in them. I done a total strip and spent some time getting the cylinder cleaned out. I soaked all the other parts and brushed them clean and lightly oiled with CLP. Reassembled and it's working like a fine swiss watch.

I measured the cylinder holes along with the barrel and found that the cylinder was indeed slightly larger which is good. The timing is great and the cylinder is tight. As soon as the weather clears it's range time!

Disassembled before cleaning
1858_disassembled.jpg

Reassembled and ready for the range.
1858Portraitweb.jpg

Last edited:
Believe me when I say it did when I received it in the mail but after some elbow grease and some patience it's looking near new and ready for action. Now if the snow would clear out and give me a chance to enjoy it. :)

I do believe you, just fooling with you.
Well i hope the snow clears for you,
that is some thing i dont see SNOW.

Sod Buster Tried To Pull On Willson.

Oooh, very nice longrider. I would be proud to be the owner of those. Thanks for sharing!

That presentation box also gives me a better idea on how I might build a couple. I like the base with the routed edges on that.

presentation box

Hey straight-shooter.

Thanks for all the help,and the presentation it
only took me four hours to make, i made it out
of maple,thats my second hobby.:D

Sod Buster Trid To Pull On Willson.

Back