Remington modle 66 rimfire.

blackamos

I just had a buddy of mine give me a 66 that does not fire. It look like a bad sear spring (rusted out) any thoughts on where to get a new spring and a break down manual for it?

It's definitely worth fixing. Their early-on reputation was, "Ugly, but very reliable and quite accurate".

FWIW, Art

The Nylon 66 is indeed a classic and well worth fixing. However, be aware that it is a complicated firearm with lots of very small parts. Basicly, its a pain in the butt to work on. I'd recommend one of the disassembly/assembly manuals as detailed instructions are needed. The Gun Digest series volume on rimfire rifles is excellent and what I use when I work on these rifles.
For parts try Bob's Gun Shop. P.O. Box 200, Royal Ar,71968. Phone (501) 767-1970. He specializes in parts for antique, obsolite and discontinued firearms. Prices are very reasonable and he has a very good selection of Nylon 66 parts.
Good luck.

Just to echo what Grayfox said, I get a lot of guns every year brought in that the owner disassembled and can't figure out how to put back toghether. Number 1 on the list of these is the Nylon 66 by far. I am sending you the instructions by e-mail. George

PMFJI univited, but could you zing that e-mail my way, too, please, George? I have a Model 66 I've had (almost) since I was a kid, and have always gotten it back together in the past, but you never know... :)

Thanks.

Scott

Back