Remington Model 8 questions

Pa.Frank

Hi guys,

I just found this forum by accident! I recently acquired a Remington model 8 in .30 remington and have ben able to find out very little about it. I know that it was made in 5 grades, but can't find out what those differences were. I would also like to know about when this particular rifle was made, but again, dead ends.

I would really like to know when it was made, which model it is (I'm guessing grade II) and what it might be worth. It has a mint bore, and I mean it looks like it was never fired, it's that clean. The outside shows some storage wear and light pitting but most of the bluing is present.

Here is the poop on the rifle:

Serial number: 33,6XX with a K in a circle under it. Inside of stock is stamped with the same number.

It has a checkered stock and forearm and a recoil pad.(looks original)

Top of barrel marked with "Browning Patents" and Patent dates of 10/9/1900, 10/16/1900, 6/3/1902, 5/14/1907, and 2/14/1911

on the bottom tang just behind the trigger there is "Remington" over "UMC" in a circle.

Bolt is marked .30 Rem.

No other marks. No model number or model name stamped on it anywhere.

Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Rem Model $8

Sorry to take so long in ans. I don't know how to download to the forum as yet, however, if you will send an email address I will send what I have.

HJN

Back