Remington Model 700

superman02

Inactive
I am wondering what some of you would pay for a 20 year old Remington Model 700. I have a friend of the family selling it and asking me what I would pay for it. I wanna buy it, but not sure how much would be a good price. It also has a Leupold Scope on it.

She is also selling...
Remington Model 120 (has a scope)

Remington Model 40-x (has a high power scope)

Remington Model M540xR - Has a All American 8x Perma Center Lyman Scope

Can anyone give me a price check on any of theses? They are all about 20 years old.

To give a decent estimation of value, we would need to know which version of the 700 (ADL, BLD, etc. ) and condition. Same goes for the Leupold scope.

The real wild card might be the scope. Leupold makes a lot of different scopes, some of them fairly cheap and others ridiculously expensive. There are a lot of 700s out there in the world, so they aren't collectors items so the price should be reasonable. I don't think I would spend over $300 on the rifle alone unless there was something special about it. BDLs cost more than ADLs when new, but in the used market, the condition means more.

Now, the 40-X... that might prove to be extremely interesting to a lot of folks. Find out some more about it.

Back