remington model 700 bdl scope help

seansean1444

right now i have a remington model 700 bdl in 30-06. it has 3x9 variable zoom weaver scope on it now.. no other details it just came on the rifle and looks fairly old. id like to put a bit better/ newer scope on it. im looking for something that wont break the bank but i dont want junk. looking to spend around 200 bucks can spend a little more if necessary (money is tight in college) . im also looking for a quality sling if anybody has any recomendations.. no nylon

At $200 the Vortex Diamondback is the most scope for the money. Other contenders are the Burris E-1, Nikon Buckmaster, and the Redfield Revolution.

I have had very good results with the Bushnell Trophy line. I have a 4-12X on a .308. You get an adjustable objective lens on that model. The 3-9X, however, is a bit smaller and lighter and might work out better for hunting. I have also found the Simmons Whitetail Classics to offer good value. For more dough the Weaver Grand Slams look good, but I have no personal experience with them. The newer Weaver varibles (VX) are very good- I have a 6-24X on a .22-250 and other ranges are available.

Great scopes, Bushnell Trophy line. The company has been around for a long time & will be there if you need a repair in 20 years.

Ditto on the Bushnell Trophy series--I have two of them now and have had two or three in the past and they work great---great value for the money and priced at about what you want to spend---

I've been very pleased with the new Redfield Scopes for the money. I know the just raised the prices of these Scopes but you should still be able to get a 2-7 or 3-9 for $200 or less. Check SWFA sample list, you can find some great Scopes at good prices._

I second that Diamondback from Vortex, it's the best quality scope for that price range,,,, hands down over any other in that price range,,, I've tried them all!;)

Back