Remington Model 700 ADL Synthetic question...

Dogger

Saw on their website where Remington's ADL synthetic stock has a raised cheek piece. That got me interested! Is this for real? I have not held one of these rifles.

Last week I was looking at Browning rifles. I went in with the intent of buying an A Bolt II Hunter. I picked up the fancier Browning A-Bolt II, with the raised cheek piece, and the ergonomics felt so good that I was subsequently disappointed with the stock of the A Bolt II Hunter. So I didn't buy the Hunter, and really didn't have the dough for the A Bolt II. Asking price was over $550.

Which brings me to this Remington ADL Synthetic. If it has a raised cheek piece, along with iron sights and the "legenddary Model 700 accuracy", I would think it would be a "BEST BUY" in caliber .308. Suggested retail is $457 and I would think I could beat that.

Top it off with a good scope, and I should have a darn fine deer rifle that can still be used with iron sights if the scope fails.

Am I missing something?

The stock on mine is "raised" in that it's molded so that it's not flat. :) Haven't really thought about it enough to decide whether it makes a difference or not.

I got mine as part of a trade, though it was new at the time. It's a good gun, but I wish the action seemed more "finished." Maybe I'm a wimp (or maybe I'm stupid for shooting in a t-shirt), but it kicks a little much for me to think about shooting 1400 rounds during a week-long course at Gunsite. :eek: FWIW my M1 Garand doesn't bother me at all.

I think you should be able to find one for a little over $300 if you're a good shopper.

(Or, if you're interested in one with less than 25 rounds through it with a 4-12x40 AO scope, you could send me an e-mail. Have found a '98 Mauser Scout that I like more...)

Edit: My bad -- Gunsite's 270 course only requires 600 rounds over 5 days.

[This message has been edited by dzeanah (edited May 01, 2000).]

Back