Remington model 600

Erikphx

Inactive
Just wsnt to get infirmation about price on my remington mod 600. What do they go for? Its chambered for a .243. Original everything with a scope. Has a cracked trigger guard and is still in good condition.

Keep in mind that AFAIK the cracked TG is a $150 (+/-) repair, as the nylon factory part is discontinued and the metal aftermarket replacement is pricey.

I think if I was on the market for another 600, I would offer somewhere between $300 and $400. The fact that it is chambered in one of the less desirable cartridges (from a collectability standpoint) means that it would compete with many other mass produced rifles. However, if you find someone who really wants a Model 600, you may get a little more. The cracked trigger guard is going to be an issue, however.

The two chamberings that I see bringing higher than average prices are 308 Win and 350 Rem Mag. I did see a 6.5 Rem Mag version go for $650 a couple of years ago, but it was like new. The 223 version is the rarest; I have never even seen one.

You can buy oem trigger gaurd from 40 bucks on up to new metal from 150 and many inbetween.

Around here a rem 600 is a high priced rifle. price can be found from 500 to 900 dollars . The 350mags seem to get the highest prices. I sure do like the 600 rem. You really need to have the bore scoped and over all quality looked at closely . It is a bit more practical to buy a model 7 new and go hunting. A new model 7 synthetic is $702 retail and probably closer to 600to 625 lgs and the 243 can be bought with a 18" barrel.

Try this shop for a fair priced trigger guard: Jack First 605 343 8481

.243 is a HOT seller each year within Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. They're popular for groundhogs and deer hunting. A good used .243 rifle typically sells for about $400. or so.

Jack

Back