remington model 25

sparks844

Inactive
i have a remington model 25 with serial #17416. on the base of barrel is 32wcf and patten dates stamped in front of sights. i am looking for what year it was manufactured and owners manual can anyone help

Attachments

• DSC05973.jpg
    DSC05973.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC05975.jpg
    DSC05975.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC05978.jpg
    DSC05978.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 208
According to Remington, the Model 25 was made from 1923 to 1935, with a total of 33,000 made. Yours is right about in the middle of the total numbers made, so I would expect it to be in the middle of the production years, or about 1929-ish. If you want a more exact date, look on the left side of the barrel for the production code, then look it up here
http://www.remingtonsociety.com/questions/BLACKPOWDERX.htm

Unless you can find an original manual or a photocopy, you will probably have a hard time finding one.

You might be able to obtain a photocopy of the original factory manual for this model from Remington. Given it's age, I can't say for sure, but I do know that they offer them for many other of their obsolete/discontinued models so it may be worth a try. I got one from them for an old Nylon 66 off their website, free upon request.

i am looking for what year it was manufactured and owners manual can anyone help

Scorch was correct on the dates.

I have one just like that only in 25-20. I got my manuel just a couple years ago from remington. Check their web site.

The 25-20 isnt worth much for anything but small game, but its a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.

The Model 25s are great little guns. I love mine.

I was looking for the same info and ran across this thread. I know it's old, but according to the photos above with the code AK on the barrel I would interpret it to be a May '32 production date?
Jim H.

Rem 25/20

It's not the best deer rifle, that's for sure. When I get a rifle if it's not accurate
I get rid of it. If it stays in rack it has to shoot a deer. I shot one with mine at
40yds. head shot, couldn't have killed it deader with a 300 mag. I think I read
where a record buck was shot with 25/20, I don't know what model the rifle was.
For some reason it is hard to find 25/20 and 32/20 rifles with good bores. I have
bought several at auction that didn't make the grade. When I was a kid hunting
in WVa.mountains a lot of guys were still using them for deer. People didn't have
a whole rack of rifles or pocket full of money. I remember two guys hunting with
1 rifle, turn about, one carried rifle, one a walking stick.

Back