Remington Model 11 Action Spring Tube

dakota.potts

Working on one of these right now that is a real pain. The action Spring Tube on the original (appears to be aluminum) was broken off in place in the threads. The threaded section of the old one was still in place and had to be pulled out with an Easy-Out.

I was able to order a new one from Numrich without much hassle. Thread pitch appears to be the same. Both are a very fine thread - appears to be above 50 TPI, but doesn't match anything on my thread gauge (54 comes close but is not perfect). The old threads naturally got a little messed up on the way out.

Wondering if anybody knows the thread pitch for the receiver and if there's a tap available to recut it. That seems to be the easiest way to clean up the threads. Remington won't tell me and Numrich isn't able to.

I guess worst case, I could always clean out the threads and solder the tube in place but I'd like to start at the easiest solution.

Remy 11

You can determine the thread pitch by counting the number of threads in a given distance and then converting to an inch. For example, if you have 4 complete threads in 1/8 of an inch, the pitch is 32 threads per inch.Use caliper to determine diameter

I don't know why I didn't think of that - must have been a long day. I will try it and see if I am able to come up with something conclusive. Might need a microscope, it's an incredibly fine thread pitch

Hopefully the thread pitch is something that divides easily. It's so fine I will definitely need a magnifying glass to count the crests in a quarter inch or half inch and hope it lands directly on one and not in between.

Customer service at Numrich told me it's the same action tube as a Model 8 or 81 as well.

Back