remington m7 predator?

k511

local shop has one of these and has had it for a while now, price is down to just under 600.... seems like a really nice, lightweight, predator/deer/ whatever rifle, i am also a big fan of the .243.. anyone have experience with these? im a long time fan of the 700, but never shot a m7... any input would be great

The Model 7 is a fantastic little rifle. I had one for a number of years, lost it in the financial dynamic following a divorce. Mine was a great example of a lightweight hunting rifle. Very handy, very shootable, and it absolutely loved Remington green-box ammo.

I was looking at picking up a model 7 as well. Don't hear much about them though. I'd love to see more people pipe up about them, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

The model 7 ( if my understanding is a compact version of the model 700) that being said it should be great. Though I have never used one myself my friend has one I. 308 and boy does it shoot. I will think the predator is a camp fluted short action. Should be a good buy if it is in good shape.

Rem 7 is the youth size model made in the likeness of the 700. Had one in 243, for the wife that became my ex. She traded it for a block just before we split. Good rifle. I liked it so much that I bought a 700 in 243 to replace it. Both are extremely accurate and nearly identical except for minor differences. The stock on the 7 is too short for me to shoot comfortably I am 6'4" so the 700 fits me better. If the short stock fits you it is a good rifle. If you are taller than about 5'8" the 700 might fit you better.

Back