Remington-Lee in 30-40 Krag

Tidewater_Kid

I have a friend that found one of these riles in an attic. It's rusty, but in fairly good shape. Would these be considered antiques or C&R? I'm trying to figure out how he can get it to me.

TK

Last edited:
The best I can tell from Flayderman, a Remington Lee in .30-40 Krag is a model 1899, made from then until 1907.
Therefore a C&R but not an Antique.
FFL, regular or C&R.

Thanks for the information. I was trying to figure out if they were upgraded in 1899. From what I read, the run was very short. I didn't know if the receiver would be pre-1898.

They are not listed in the ATF C&R list...

TK

Flayderman says "considerable changes in extractor to handle rimless cartridges." Nothing about leftover .45-70 receivers.

I thought anything over 50 years old was C&R, but that is not my game.

I believe the 50 year rule to be true. There are many riles specifically on the C&R list. It is at the very least C&R. I was just hoping to find if it were an antique. I found several for sale and listed as antiques.

TK

I got it.

Well I worked out the shipping. I have taken it apart an managed to clean out most of the rust and everything functions. It is in a Winchester stock. It also has a model 33 Lyman sight. Just need to find some 30-40 Krag ammo.

TK
Rem-Lee-1.jpg

Rem-Lee-2.jpg

Attachments

• Rem-Lee-1.jpg
    Rem-Lee-1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Rem-Lee-2.jpg
    Rem-Lee-2.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Rem-Lee-4.jpg
    Rem-Lee-4.jpg