Remington: How the oldest American gun maker went bankrupt

... and it is posted on every single gun forum in the world.

Hedge fund managers make their living the same way as buzzards, picking all the meat of a dead carcass.

Hedge fund managers make their living the same way as buzzards, picking all the meat of a dead carcass.

But, in Remington's case it was picking the meat off of a live animal that killed it.

I know its a gunmaker, but isn't this topic really business, not firearms?

You are probably correct and are also likely thinking that being a business related topic and not a firearms related topic that it is outside the scope of this forum.

However, to bring it back into a true firearms discussion - this same vulture activity is what caused a firearm manufacturer known and respected for producing a high-quality product for many decades to fall into disrepute for poor quality control.

Well, we could certainly discuss the poor firearms quality that came about partially as a result of this.

Remember when the R51 came out a few years ago? We couldn’t believe how poorly it was put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know its a gunmaker, but isn't this topic really business, not firearms?

Maybe. And the original post could be considered a drive-by too but it does explain what went on with Remington financially if not technically.

P.S. It would be nice to find a story about the technical/engineering side of what went on at Remington although I admit compared to the financial shenanigans going on the engineering side of the company was probably akin to rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic.

I don’t think there is much question that there is a perceived decline in quality at Remington right around this time. I’m mixed as I’ve seen several Remington branded products, including legends like the 870, that were just crap during this time period. At the same time, I’ve got several other Cerebus products lines, including AAC, that have been solid, consistent performers for me.

Hopefully, Remington can grow out of this and come out stronger.

Back