Remington Golden Saber 40 SW(165 Grain)And 9mm(!24 Grain)Ammo Question

Secretariat

For those of you who has had any experience with Remington Golden Saber 40 SW in 160 Grain,what do you of it as a defense load?You see,I am thinking of getting a few for my Sig Sauer P229 Enchanced Elite,which I have on order.
Thanks.

PS.Also,I have another Sig Sauer P229 SAS Gen 2 and I am thinking of getting the Remington Golden Saber for it also to be used as a defense load.For those of you who have any experience with this round,what do you think of it.By the way,+p version of this round is out of the question as I live in the Philippines and the +P version is not available here.
Thanks Again.

I carry 165 gr Golden Sabres. I have found them to be 100 percent reliable and to expand as they should.most of all, my glock 23 shoots them well.

I don't have a .40, but I do use Golden Sabers in my 9mm pistols. It's top shelf ammo. I also use it in 45acp, 38spl, and 357mag.

The huge, big, overriding, mega important question is:
"Does it work in YOUR gun?"

And I guess you'll have to wait until you get your gun to find out.

Many shooters embark on a search for the 'magic bullet' and of course there is no such thing. Plain old FMJ round nose has been known to do the job on more than one occasion. I guess what I'm saying is don't obsess about the ammo.

FWIW there's other ammunition just as good as Golden Saber but I don't think there is anything significantly better.

DaleA said:
The huge, big, overriding, mega important question is:
"Does it work in YOUR gun?"
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :D

Seriously, the real question is whether it works in your gun. Remington Golden Sabers are one of many reputable SD loads. I don't carry either of the loads you're asking about, but I do carry GSs in 2 different calibers, but I've been known to carry other brands, as well . . . IF I've tested the given brand and load in my gun.

Back