Remington Bulldog project

spitpatch

Finished my Bulldog project. Got to thank Mike for his You Tube video. I know it should be steel but what can you get for 75 bucks. Very good project for an amateur like me.

Attachments

• Bulldog (2) (488x366).jpg
    Bulldog (2) (488x366).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Bulldog project (366x488).jpg
    Bulldog project (366x488).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 55
Grip reminds of the Scholfield

Nice looking work. I'm really interested in the work you did on the sights. Particularly the rear.

How did you keep the cylinder pin in?

Did you not move the grip pin forward?

Doesn't your front sight get snagged?

I've been thinking making a shorter '58 would be cool. Something along the lines of a 3.5-4" barrel. But I don't have the nerve or proper tools to take on such a project.

I followed the You tube vid (Remington Bulldog). Thanks again to Mike. Did not take much nerve as I bought the gun a short time ago for 75.oo. I would have paid that much for the cyl & other parts. The front sight was my first ever silver solder job. Only tools used were my battery drill, hack saw, files, small hand torch, drill bit & pointed stone for the crown. The pistol was a Rem Buffalo so I did not do any thing to the rear sight. I may have to round the front sight to work well with a holster. I don't think I will have a problem with the cylinder pin. Yes I moved the grip pin.

A hose clamp, with the adjuster just in front of the head of the cylinder pin, can come in useful for keeping the pin in place.
Adds an artsie-fartsie touch, too. :)

Back