Remington BDL or BDL DM?

Erik

What are your opinions of the 700 BDL and the 700 BDL DMs? Is the detatchable magazine worth it? Are hinged floor plates or detatchable magazines better? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks,

Erik

I've never heard anything good about the Remington factory DM's, and was recently told by Jerry Sloane at Precision Arms that they are being discontinued.

------------------
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war.

Another issue to consider when deciding is future legislation. Many of the new laws and/or proposed laws target rifles with detachable mags. incorporating them in the dreaded "assault" weapon catagory.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

I think the DMs are more desireable and a premium. They seem rare and are priced accordingly. I have one in 300 win. mag and love the idea of just removing the mag versus dumping or racking the ammo out. From an appreciation standpoint I hope they are discontinued.

------------------
"Keep shootin till they quit floppin"
The Wife 2/2000

went throug 3 mags at gunsite in february.if they got the least amount of dirt in them they went down .they are pure junk.get the bdl.it stays with the rifle and will never fall out and you will never fail not to seat them properly.

Nice concept, but I'll stay with the fixed magazine. Simplier, easier, and more metal in the receiver (which is a factor in rigidity). Besides, I'm not into firefights with a bolt action rifle (unless this was 1750! :) ).

Back