remington autoloading shotgun (pre-m11) double feeding

dnsharpshooter

just curious if anybody has any ideas about this. couple different things are happening. sometimes, the lifter will kick up the next round, but the next round (the next one in the mag tube) will start to feed and wont let the bolt close. i have to remove the first round, then manipulate the next round with my finger so it feeds out of the mag tube the rest of the way, and then the bolt will close, chamber that round, and i can fire. other times, the lifter will kick up one round, and another one follows behind it, and the bolt catches the rim of the "bottom" round and will not close.

have had the gun fully disassembled multiple times, everything is clean and well lubed. have also tried multiple types of ammo (remington gun club, suprema, rio, winchester heavy target, winchester light target) and it will do it with all of them. not every time, but usually once every 15-20 rounds.

when it doesnt jam up, it shoots so nice :rolleyes:
hoping you guys can lead me in the direction to get it running 100%
i understand its an old gun and malfunctions will happen, just wondering if im missing something.

thanks guys

As I recall, double feeding happens when the cartridge stop or its spring is worn/broken. Once every 15-20 rounds suggests wear vs broken though.
You sure it's not an M-11? Production of M-11's started in 1905(discontinued in 1947) and were the first semi-auto's made Stateside. You sure it's not an M-11?
Gunparts shows 2 series of 'em. A 1905 and 1931. Prices are considerably different, but at least you can get 'em.
Exploded M-11 drawing is here.
http://stevespages.com/ipb-remington-11.html

Back