Remington Autoloading Model 552™ Speedmaster

mluko

Inactive
Curious to find out if anyone believes that older year models rise in value or if collectors are interested in this type of rifle.

I'm not seeing it

Curious to find out if anyone believes that older year models rise in value or if collectors are interested in this type of rifle.
From what I am seeing locally, I'd say that it would if it was older and in great condition. Otherwise, they don't bring much money around here. ..... :confused:

I have owned two, one older and the other newer. While I did prefer the older one, I still sold them when I got into the 10/22's. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

They're fun shooters, but they haven't been out of production that long.

If you have one of the 552s or 572s that were anodized in colors, they might be worth more than the average gun.

"...older year models rise in value..." Yep, but not quickly nor as high as anybody who has one likes. No collector value. Still in production.
Only one model of 552(Viper) has been discontinued and that was in 1998.

As usual, condition is everything. A 58 in like new condition with box, probably has some collector value. A gently used 64, probably not. A quick check on gunbroker shows no sales above current new gun prices for older rifles.

They're fun shooters, but they haven't been out of production that long.

:o:o:o

Wow! Wrong again! For some reason I thought they had been discontinued around 2006, but I see they are still available and listed on Remington's website.

Back