Remington Ammo sighted on Cabelas shelves

ciwsguy

Went to the local Cabelas in town yesterday to check the shelves and noticed a few boxes of Remington 44 magnum ammo on the shelf. It was newly manufactured at the Lonoke Arkansas ammo plant. Good to see this plant up and running again. Always had good luck with Remington green box.

They also had a few boxes of .223 steel cased ammo, Tula I think it was.
Also saw some 300 Blackout on the shelf.
With all the ammo crunch, I’m surprised that there is so much shotgun ammo available. For weeks on end, that’s about all that was available at the local retail stores.

Most of the shotgun ammo is bird shot. People are buying up all the defense ammo then can lay hands on. I bet there isn't a lot of buckshot in circulation since shotguns are being snapped up left and right.

It was newly manufactured at the Lonoke Arkansas ammo plant. Good to see this plant up and running again.

Are you sure it was new manufacture and not New Old Stock? Odd that they would jump right into making 44 Mag of all things.

If new, I agree it's nice to see the plant up and producing. God bless 'em.

Vista is bringing the plant back as quickly as is prudently possible. I found .22Subsonic and Nitro Gold shotshells at Walmart last week. Walmart doesn't hold inventory, so it was new stuff

rc:
Most of the shotgun ammo is bird shot. People are buying up all the defense ammo then can lay hands on. I bet there isn't a lot of buckshot in circulation since shotguns are being snapped up left and right.

Look up "12 ga wax shell". Paul Harrell covered this a few months ago, if you like watching youtube demonstrations.

I stopped in at the Cabelas in Manassas, VA - The personnel will tell you they don't know when ammo shipments will arrive. I was there at 10:05 AM. This Cabelas has a 5 box limit (so others can get ammo). I've seen people at Wal-Mart that bring the entire family with them so each family member can get their X number allotment allowed.
Observed what i think isn't a one off at Cabelas this morning. Saw two individuals that loaded up their shopping carts in excess of 5 boxes each. Then they moved away from the ammo section. Each proceeded to start texting. My conclusion - they are contacting people to come and get 5 boxes each from them.

I hope Cabelas can derive some method to prevent these types of actions.

I bought five boxes of 22 WMR (50 per box) at $17 per box - which is cheaper than what any of the gun stores in the area are selling rimfire ammo for.

Back