Remington AAC micro 7 vs. Contender SSK barrel 300 blackout

treein dixie

Inactive
Remington micro 7 vs. Contender ssk barrel in 300 blaclout.

Which to buy input would be helpful!!

I spoke with AAC on the Remington direct one sales rep says its a great gun and nothing wrong with it.
Other sales rep says stay away form it that they want nothing elese to do with Remington, that its been nothing but a headach with feeding problems and ejection problems.

I have also looked at the Handi rifle but they say it has problems stringing rounds mostly because of the pressure on the forend. And you have nothing to work with in the trigger.

Thompson Contender no nothing about them is their going to be problems with the forend on it as well because it being a break gun.

What would you buy and why. Thanks in advance for the help!!

My review of the Handi Rifle is here. The stringing issue is easily fixed with an O-ring found at any Ace Hardware. I bought a box of 10 and still have a bunch of them. Most Handis will give you MOA accuracy with just a little tweaking (that O-ring is the first tweak), but they're not normally rifles noted for spectacualr accuracy. They're hunting rifles. The triggers smooth up with use and are very useable. However, they are hammer rifles with the accompanying lock time of a falling hammer.

On the other hand, the Model 7 action is a sweetheart. I had a Model 7 in 7mm-08 that was exceptionally accurate. It stacked bullets in the same hole with amazing regularity. I lost it during a divorce and the subsequent financial dynamic and I miss the rifle a whole lot more than the woman.

Contender is a mainstay with no problems with forends or actions. The platform has been tried and proven for many years. I have many thousands of rounds through Contenders and have never had a forend have any trouble. Also you can shoot the blackout in a pistol with the same action. The 14 in bull in 300 blackout suppressed looks very cool as well. Its a mild recoil round and shooting it in a pistol is a lot of fun. You can get custom barrels built in the blackout besides Jdj/ssk. Look at Bellm or Bullberry if I remember right.

My 300 BO is on an AR platform and I love it (supersonic). I am contemplating a barrel for my TC pro-hunter which is currently .223. If my 223 is any indication I would not worry about having a hand guard because the rifle can shoot. You do recognize the 300 has limited range but out to 200 yards I would not want to be a Texas hog (back to my AR).

I don't know anything about the Contender. Seems like a lot of money for one shot, respectively imo.

Now I did buy the Micro 7 here about half a year ago & am tickled pink with it. I had it fitted with iron sights & easily group less than 2 moa. I am not the best trigger puller. There is literally nothing bad I can say about the rifle, it is now my go to gun & I have my first can coming for it. The stock fits me, nice trigger & it has not failed to feed, fire or extract positively except for a couple handloads.

I've handed it to several people on the line & after shooting it a couple times everybody wants it. I honestly can't see someone not liking the rifle, especially if you're interested in the blackout.

Back