Remington 870 Tac-14

Spats McGee

Administrator
Not too long ago, it seemed like there was a lot of hubbub around the Mossberg Shockwave. I do not have one, nor do I foresee getting one, but I did wonder how long it would take for competitors to appear on the market. Enter the Remington 870 Tac-14. I saw them at yesterday's gun show in Little Rock and initially thought they were Shockwaves, until I saw that they were sitting on Remington boxes.

The Tac 14 hit the market very shortly after the Mossburg. Both companies have offered 14” guns for LE/Mil sales for years. Pretty easy to slap a birdshead grip on and offer it to civilians.

I bought a Mossburg Shockwave a few months ago. Mainly for anti-bear use in the tent when camping here in Co.

Ive always prefered the 500/590 design to the 870. I think the controls are better placed. The extra round in the tube is a bonus. DoS issued 14” 870’s, so ive run one, and its a fine system. I just prefer the Mossy.

It's utterly unsurprising that I'm a little behind on this news. :o

I'm just the opposite of you. I consider Mossbergs to be perfectly fine shotguns, but given a choice, I'll go with an 870 every time.

Back