Remington 870 Magpul SGA Stock

photoman12001

Several months ago I handled a Remington 870 Magpul edition at a local store and I really liked the feel of that gun but the $750 price tag scared me away:eek: Through various dealings I was able to pick one of these up new for $312 and then I just bought the Magpul SGA furniture for it. This had the features I wanted: choke tubes (I ditched the tactical one for a standard modified choke), a rail, ghost ring rear sight, ramped/dovetailed front sight.

870-Express-Tactical-81198-prod.ashx

I'm only into this gun for about $450. I know not everyone likes the look of this Magpul SGA stock but I do and it really feels great and shoulders well. I'm anxious to shoot it this weekend. I debated between the flat dark earth and orange for a while but I'm glad I landed on orange. I think it looks cool and it's definitely different. The SGA stock has adjustable length-of-pull and cheek risers. I am going to put a taller riser on it for the red dot sight, I just haven't ordered it yet.

And I just had to get the matching Magpul iPhone cover, which is really a great cover. It's strong but light and doesn't make the phone too big. My wife liked it so much that she just ordered one too.

_DSC3816EditLayers1024Pixel8_zps30ce604d.jpg

I really don't know where Remington gets that $750 price from. You can get the gun I bought for $500 easily or less and the Magpul stock/forend are about $140 retail. I couldn't see any other difference in the Magpul edition gun but maybe no one else did either; they are not on Remington's website anymore.

Thanks, I couldn't find that link. I kept looking under tactical pump actions which is about the only thing this could be. That MSRP is nuts but you can get them for $700-750 pretty easily on Gunbroker. I never see them locally any more. It looks like the Magpul edition from Remington might have a one-piece extended magazine tube; maybe that's where the extra cost is? That wouldn't be worth the extra cost to me though.

Back