Remington 770

I love and hate my rifle at the same time. The thing shoots great with factory ammo(almost any bullet you feed it). Only thing is they apparently came from manufacturer with issues with the bolt being rough when loading/unloading and having issues with the bolt getting stuck and failing to eject. Can not figure out how to fix that issue and other people I have talked to said they had/have heard same issues with this rifle.

But here is the group I shot today off a bipod at 200 yards. Gun is factory everything
545508_607806066596_274620014_n.jpg

Only thing is they apparently came from manufacturer with issues with the bolt being rough when loading/unloading and having issues with the bolt getting stuck and failing to eject. Can not figure out how to fix that issue and other people I have talked to said they had/have heard same issues with this rifle.

a junk rifle with problems? say it ain't so

I bought a 770 combo with scope in 243 several years ago for my sons to start hunting with. It was the same as yours as far as shooting goes and it has taken several deer by my two sons.

Like alot of others I had major issues with the bolt being very rough. I would at times have to hit the bolt on something to get it to eject a spent casing. Got so tired of it I put it on the market at my local gun shop for $200. If it doesn't sell I will use it as a tomato stake next spring.

this thread was trying to show the accuracy of this rifle with factory cheap Federal ammo and a "junk gun"

I have taken over 15 deer with this rifle

Guys get defensive when a $299 rifle out shoots their $900 rifle. That's when you tell them it's not the rifle, it's the shooter ;)

Back