Remington 770

roc1

Is the Remington 770 any good? How does it compare to the 700? I am curious if they improved it over the 710 and if it is worth the money or is still junk?
Thanks
roc1

You would be better off saving a little more and buying a 700 ADL... The 770 is an econ box POS.... The 770 will not be as good as a 700.. If your set in this price range give the Marlin XL 7 a look as well as the Savage/Stevens model 200..

I am a rifle snob. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with one if I had to, but why would you if Howa, Weatherby, & Savage all make guns that look and shoot better. I know people who have hunted with the 770's predecessor, the 710, for more than ten years now. They like theirs and see no reason to take a prettier rifle out. Not me though.

That being said, I hunt with an ugly old Remington 788 with a plastic Ramline stock. I guess rifle snob isn't the right word. Particular maybe.

I agree the 770 is just a better looking 710 but no where near a 700. Save a few more bucks and get a 700 sps you'll be much happier in the long run.

We've had some 700SPS rifles over here from 399-429. A much better buy. The last good bargain rifle they made was the 788.

Back