Remington 770

Rmstn1580

Today we purchased a new gun safe that can hold 24 long-guns. Our other safe is filled up. In it (in terms of long-guns) we have an M44, Remington 870 Express Magnum 20 gauge, Remington 870 Magnum 12 gauge, Marlin 336A, Romanian WASR-10, 2 Ruger 10/22s, and some sort of Marlin .22 bolt action.

In the Sunday paper today, I saw an add for a new Remington 770 in .30-.06 for like $370. I want you opinion on that rifle. We have a new safe, and we need to fill it up!

I have one of the new Remington 770's in the 270 winchester, stainless steel from academy sports, Remington has redefined this gun and is a vast improvement over the 710, the bolt opens and closes with ease and the new stock design is more rugged as well, the trigger is also very nice and this 270 is a very nice shooter as well, after all a Remington is a Remington no matter what model.:D

you can get a 700 SPS for not much more than the price of the 770.

I'd rather fill up my safe with CZ's, 700's or Sako's.

After all you are filling up a safe, not making a boat anchor.

you must ask those if they have had any experiance with the gun, the ones who like to bash them, most the time its "well i've heard"

I know the 770 comes out of the box with a bushnell 3-9x 40mm scope, does anyone know exactly what model bushnell it is?

770 is the re-named 710. The 710 had a really poor reputation due to the cheap way they were assembled.

In the case of the 770 I feel you really get a bit more than you pay for. C'mon a workable rifle that will probably (with care) outlast you with enough accuracy to be legit on the hunt - and for the price they're offering? Not bad.

For my $370 I'll put another $120 into a 700 action / scope combo. But that's just me. Quite a few folks I've known over the years would have put that $ into ammo that would keep food on the table for years...

Back