remington 770 or savage 111fcxp3

I'd definitely choose the Savage over the 770. If you're worried about the magazine falling out, get the FXP3 with the internal box magazine. Less to worry about while you're hunting anyway.

770 or Savage

Hey there,
I just wanted to add a little option in the mix. I don't know where you live and if there is a Walmart in your area or not but, I was on my way for a Savage when I ran into the gun of my dreams. Walmart is selling Remington 700 ADL's for cheap. The associate I spoke with stated that Walmart is selling them this cheap because Remington is coming out with a newer model and the ones they have have been on the shelf too long. I just bought a Remington 700 ADL .270 for $300. Now that is awesome! Here I have just purchased one of the best actions ever made for an unbelieveable price. Now I can take the extra money that I was going to spend and buy a nicer scope. I have put a Rifle Basix trigger on it, a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 BDC scope on it, and the new Remington R3 recoil pad on it. Got the scope off of Ebay NIB. So all in all I spent around $675 and got one awesome rifle. What you can do is keep the stock Remington trigger and adjust it yourself. I would have but I didn't think I had the ability to due it myself. I feel lucky because I'm around a bunch of city slickers who don't hunt so the guns are still at the stores. From what I've seen the Wally Worlds in my town have the following Rem 700 calibers - .270, .30/06, 7mm, and 300 win mag. If you're stuck on these two models than hands down go for the Savage.

Back