Remington 770... any go0d?

kwells6

Ok, I'm looking into buying a Remington 770. The local shop offers either .243,.270, .300 win mag, or 30-06. I'm more so curious if these rifles are any good and keep their accuracy.

If I don't get this rifle, I am looking at a Stevens 200 in .22-250

I'm biased, my first hunting rifle was a Rem 700...

I believe that Remington products are generally well crafted and reliable. Never shot a 770.

What is your primary use?

not really a primary use. Mostly hunting, but I also like to just get out and shoot.

I've also shown some interest in the H&R Survivor in either .308 or .223

the stevens 200 looks like a real promising option in the value bolt action segment. ive seen some really great groups come from these things, they run sub $300

Just my opinion

Stay so far away from the rem 770 me and my wife uncle bought one around the same time mine was the 300wm his was o6 mine otb was so far off that i had to return to store to have it rebore sighted then the bolt started to jam up every other round sometimes every round my wifes uncles kept jamming and he had to force the bolt to open now this may be a bad batch not sure but i took a loss on mine just to return it bought a marlin xl7 in 3006 and love it no flaws yet This is just my opinion

I've got a stevens 200 in .223 and love it. Shot a tree rat this weekend at about 180 yds and tore its head off with the nasty rounds i use.

now, the survivor model in .223/.308 runs $250. its a single shot though

now the real problem is, i live in arkansas... there are few times i'd need a huge elephant round like an '06 or 270.

I had a chance to shoot the 770 in .308. I thought it was good. Out of the box it was within 7 or 8 inches at 100 yards. My dads friend was the one who bought it, who had never fired a gun before the day we got to shoot it, and after a half box of ammo it was shooting inch groups at 100 yards. In my opinion its not bad. Not as nice as my dads 700 akaskan ti, but for $1,300 less, a good buy. Have not shot it since that one day so I dont know how its holding up.

The Savage 200 is MUCH better than the 770. The 770 is the same thing as the model 710 with a few "improvements".

Back