Remington 760 pump in .6mm rem

doceaux

Found a nice really nice 760 deluxe in 6mm. Any guesses what it's worth, I have been told they are scarce. Any thoughts?

The 6mm 760 is really uncommon around here, Washington State, sorry I've got no real idea of pricing.

DO NOT lose the magazine, it's probably worth more than the rifle if it is original Remington mag.
An aquaintence of mine bought a 6mm, then spent a long time trying to find a spare.

Good flat shooting & accurate rifle seldom prone to any problems. Maybe one in excellent shape would garner 25-30% less in price than a new 760. Cartridge is a shade better in speed than a 243 but not enough difference to garner the rifle a collector's piece.

Within my area, this rifle would retail for $450. to $500. but if it came with a scope or sling & swivels the price would be more.

Jack

Remington 760 6mm

R 40. Remington Model 760. Serial # B7351645. 6mm Remington caliber pump action rifle made in 1980. 22” barrel with a bore that should clean up to excellent. Detachable magazine. The finish on the metal is in very good to excellent condition with some tiny scratches on the barrel and a few tiny rust speckles on the receiver. The checkered walnut stock and forearm are in very good condition with a few small dings and some slight moisture swelling at the butt. Original sights. Action works fine. Includes a leather carrying strap and a Bushnell Sportview 4X power scope in see through mounts. Sold For 500.00

http://www.horstauction.com/gunsale17oct.html

I would think what Jack O' said would be right, I have seen 2or3 here in Michigan that was for sale for that !!!

I picked up one of the less than desirable 742s in 6mm a few years back in pristine condition.
Not something I'd typically purchase, but only about 2% of the 742s produced were chambered in 6mm, that made it a bit more interesting to me.
Have to admit, it has proven to be a very good shooting rifle with the factory Remington Core Lokt ammunition.
I paid $400 and have no regrets.

Back