Remington 742 308 Stock (?)

the bull

Inactive
Remington 742 308: Has two 308 shell casings mounted in the back stock. Seller said came from the factory like this. They had seen one more like it.

Has anyone seen this before?? Or do you think an individual has done it??
Appreciate any comments on this or how to find any more information!!

At one time they offered the 742 and 7600 in 2 trim levels. The standard rifle did not, but the deluxe version had a shell casing of the cartridge it was chambered in embedded in the rifle somewhere. I don't remember exactly where. I'll do a little looking around and may get back. But I've seen a couple. IIRC the model number was model 4 instead of 742 and model 6 for the 7600 in the deluxe trim.

I holler BS at the top of my lungs. That's the sort of thing that a guy would do to "enhance" the beauty of his gun. Look at it very carefully, and see if it looks like something an amateur gunsmith would have done, or is it accurately and well done so it would indicate that it came from factory like that?

I've never seen that in a factory gun, but I've seen that, and many other weird things done just to make it look cool.

Two, in the stock, not from the factory. But there were a few of the model 4's that had one in the receiver in front of the mag well. Even if it isn't from the factory; if they are well done it wouldn't detract anything from the rifle. I wouldn't pay much anyway.

briandg

Thank you it is ok for awoods gun I have always liked 742 had several 3 carbines 30.06 but
no 308 in 742 thanks for your help ps. I guess what happens at 62 bull

I own a 742. The only thing I dislike about it is that the cheek is just a little too high. Cant really handle the iron sights.

Early 69 model 742 06 carbine here. Close friend bought the 308 one and used his for Elk. Still got mine. Close friend. Well lets say he no longer has a use for his. (passed)

1 used to rag at my dad about his because it couldn't do moa groups The things boys say to their fathers.

He told me that fishing with dry flies the size of a mosquito was stupid. The things that men say to their sons.

I also told him that his pinto was pathetic, and he told me that my car would get me killed.

Good times.

But, he taught me how to shoot, to fish, and change spark plugs. Years later, I learned that sometimes it's a good idea to not let ones casting technique interfere with relationships.

Back