Remington 722 year of manufacture

coyota1

I just purchased a Remington 722 222 cal, and I am trying to figure out the date of manufacture. Besides the serial there is a C B 51 stamped on it. Any input would be appreciated.

.222 manufactured from 1950-62/ nice find ive only seen one and it was so ugly that i used the action for my 6ppc. whats the condition? if its a .222 mag manufactured from 1958-62.
chadd

i believe it had ridden behind the seat of someones pick-up truck, deep grooves in the barrel hardly any bluing left. would have never done anything but shot it had it been in even fair condition.

This rifle is almost out of the box new looking. I almost hate to put swivel studs on it, but it's not really a collector gun, so I'm gonna do it.

You have a very nice gun. IMO I'd leave it alone and wouldn't put sling studs in it as it will make it take a hit on the value, but that's just my opinion. You don't see these things out there very often.

Yes Fusion, attaching swivel studs has been a source of conflict with me for this reason. I just like a sling for hunting.

Great information. I checked the markings on my dad's M 722 in .222 Rem on the chart referred to above & found it was made in Sept. 1953. ( D ZZ )
The rifle was the first firearm he had bought new. it still shoots nice dime sized groups @ 100 yds.

Roger

Back