Remington 700's - what do I have

Snappo

Inactive
I have a little over a half dozen Remmy 700's. Two I bought a while back from someone (friend of a neighbor that owned a gun store) and they were supposed to be Remington 700 Police. I bought one in 26" non-fluted, and one in 20" fluted bull barrel. But as you look at them, both just say 700. They don't say the sub-model. Does anyone know a way to confirm they are both Police's? Both have the Hogue stock which is a dead giveaway; but what if someone swapped stocks? I just want to make sure - I really have zero trust for this store owner (he has bamboozled people I know a few times).
Bull barrel starts with E6747 and the 26" starts with D6240. Thanks!

DSC_7805-X3.jpg

The 700P's Have HS Precision aluminum bedded stocks, the LTR fluted 20" version also. Both sell in the 900 range, Rifle only. What did you pay? The stock is the only difference. The Remington Varment 26" HB is the same as the Police except for the stock. They both look unused.

It was about 15 or so years ago but I would say I paid about $800 each. Bought them within a year of each other. He had them for a while. My guess was they were both made somewhere between 1995 and 2000, give or take. I wrote Remington but never heard back. I will write them again, I guess.

Did you get them with the scope, mounts & Bi-Pods? They have the old style trigger ( black groved ) which is a better trigger IMO. The 223 & 308 have a 1-12 twist. The 20" the bottom metal was changed to mag. feed. I'm sure both are tack drivers, with the right ammo. Could sell one for what you paid for both. They look like two nice rifles, that's coming from a Remington 700 guy all the way.

It's very easy to verify the grade they left the factory as. If you contact Remington Customer Service with the exact serial number they can give you that information.

https://www.remington.com/contact-us

This in my opinion is the only exact way to do it if the original box is not available.

Regards,

Rob

Back