Remington 700PSS

Ldoll

Is this rifle legal for civilians to own or to you have to be in law enforcement? I live in Pa. so I don't know if that matters or not.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for the input guys. I just got off the phone with my local gun dealer. He talked to his supplier and said that is legal for civilians to own, but the only problem is that around here they hard to come by. Even the police depts. have them on backorder. There is a sportsman show in Harrisburg next month and I think they sell guns there. Maybe I will get lucky and find one.

[This message has been edited by Ldoll (edited January 06, 2000).]

I own one (purchased in 1998) but am now told that Remington will no longer supply the PSS for civilian sales. I understand that this decision was based merely on the appearance of the rifle (evil sniper configuration) and for no other reason. Think about it - any one of the model 700s will do the same job.

------------------

As far as I know, there are NO restriction whatsoever that would make it illegal for a private individual to purchase a Remington 700PSS (the current production is called a 700P) as long as you are legally allowed to own firearms (not a felon, mentally ill, etc). I'm not sure about Remington's restrictions to their dealers, but I know that several shops here in Sacramento sell them, and they are always being advertisaed in the Shotgun News. They are excellent rifles, but you can save some $$ by getting the model 700VS (Varmint Synthetic) which is the exact same rifle with the exception of the stock - it still comes with an excellent H&S Precision synthetic stock, just not the exact same model as the one supplied with the 700P. Use the $100 or so that you save to get a good quality scope for it.
-John

Back