Remington 700ADL camo with scope?

Quadsport

Inactive
I saw one at the local gun store for $433. It was in 223 with a 26” barrel. It does not have a magazine but I don’t care about that. Are they accurate and reliable?

The price of the ADL is all over the place. I have seen them recently as low as $350. My dealer told me that he bought several hundred of them about a year ago for $275. He sold some intact but broke most of them down. He sold actions for $275, barrels for $35, Stocks for $35, and scope and rings for $25. His shop help hated him for a few weeks. Average not on sale price is $400 to $500.

Last edited:
They are accurate. They are 700 Remingtons. It would shock me if the one you buy would not shoot .75 MOA. (Probably much better than that)

The Ruger is a good accurate Rifle for the buck. Although I cant see passing up the Ruger American in 6mm Creedmoor for hunting for deer and smaller. The 223 is not legal in Michigan... for deer. 6mm CM in the Ruger American will out shoot the 223 all day long.

Last edited:
I've got an black stocked ADL in .223, packaged deal that I bought for $370 before tax. It shoots pretty good, but the trigger could use some work or a replacement. It shoots most bullets under an inch if I'm doing my part, but it really likes 50-55 grain bullets. I bought it for a donor and as the old saying goes, don't shoot the donor.

Mine isn't original anymore, because it shot so well I bedded it in a B&C TI stock and replaced the factory scope. However, it doesn't have a 26" barrel just a 22". Is the one you looked at a heavy barrel? I'd be surprised a sporter .223 would have a 26" barrel.

Last edited:
Longshot4 said:
The Ruger is a good accurate Rifle for the buck. Although I cant see passing up the 6mm Creedmoor for hunting for deer and smaller. The 223 is not legal in Michigan... for deer and 6mm CM in the Ruger American will out shoot the 223 all day long for range...

And that answers the OP's question how about accuracy and reliability of a M700 ADL? He didn't ask about deer hunting in Michigan, 6mm CM, or long range shooting.

Quadsport,

A bit over a couple of years ago, I bought the rifle you're considering on gunbroker for right around $425.00. No doubt the ONLY difference is that mine came in "basic black" and not camo (M700, ADL, .223 Rem). During my initial shooting sessions, I used the rifle as it came from the factory, scope and all. The trigger was easily adjusted, found the scope quite adequate, and I found it very accurate and very reliable right out of the box.

Since I've gotten it, I've replaced the plastic stock with a walnut, aftermarket/factory replacement stock I found on ebay for 80 bucks (dropped the action in, no bedding compound added). I also replaced the optic with a 6X40mm Leupold M8, still using the factory 2 piece base and rings set up; no problems to date. This is a sweet little rig, and it's all I personally need for a .223 cal. rifle, and I really like it. I use handloads in the rifle using Lapua brass, 63 grn. Sierra SMP bullets and Varget propellant.

If I do my part, this is most always a sub-moa rifle. I do have one 5 shot target (still like to look at it) benched with this rifle that measures center of hole to center of hole at exactly 1" @ 200 yds. I've shot this rifle well over 800 times, and have had no problems whatsoever with the trigger, nor anything else with the rifle. Nothing but fun with this one, and can shoot all the ammo I want, all day long. Recoil? There is none...

I was thinking about picking one up with the black stocks, since they’re pretty affordable. Now .243 or 7mm-08...?

Siggy-06 said:
I was thinking about picking one up with the black stocks, since they’re pretty affordable. Now .243 or 7mm-08...?

That's a pretty easy decision, Remington doesn't offer the ADL in 7-08. Unless it is some NOS rifle you're seeing. The only short action cartridges offered currently in the ADL are .223, .22-250, .243, and .308.

Thanks for the help! I will not hunt with this rifle except for maybe a groundhog or other unwanted critter. It will be used for backyard plinking for the most part.:)

Quadsport: If you want a ridiculous value 223 for a good price and have a Cabelas nearby...get the Savage 12FV in 223. atm its $319.00 and its a steal. Adjustable accutrigger that is much better then Remmingtons. Big heavy barrel, faster twist and its main downfall is the blind mag ( which can be modified if you change the stock down the road.

Well I traded for a new Remington 700ADL camo that my father in law had in the safe for a few years. I traded a Glock19 gen3 for it. I brought it home and mounted a Mueller 8-32 scope on it and went to my picnic table for some fun. With federal bulk from wall mart, I shoot a couple of 1.5 groups at 100 before plinking steel plates at 200. I am happy so far. I will get some better ammo and get it off the bipod for some more testing. Thanks for your help!:)

Back