Remington 700

harrierdjh

Inactive
I have a Remington 700 BDL about 2 years old with a 4 round internal Mag. I have looked at other trigger guards and mag. wells, Is it possible to get a new mag well put on that I can use an External Mag on it instead?

I went Badger Ordnance on the build I'm doing now (My first real rifle build actually). Its an awesome setup, but like the rest cost a LOT. Don't make the same mistake I did and try to inlet the stock yourself, unless you REALLY know what you're up against. It took a lot of JB weld and duracoat to make it my stock look right again.

Why?

For what it's worth, I have been on a bunch of extended, many-hundred-rounds-fired varmint hunts, and never once did I think "If only this rifle held another 5 rounds" or "If only this rifle had a detachable magazine"

Thank you, emcon5. My favorite rifle has a blind mag. +1 on your points, also can't accidentally dump or drop a mag that won't come out!

Regolith: Not pickin' a fight online, only making a point.

Seriously.
Do you also not use whatever scope/rings/stock/action/bipod, etc. that was used?
I just HAD to ask, 'cuz I think that argument to not buy H-S Precision is a lame one. I've said that before on another forum.
If you truly believe that, don't buy all the OTHER equipment used in that 'murder'.
Yup. Unfortunately, it costs an arm and a leg, and it's sold by H-S "we like guys who murder unarmed women" Precision.

That said, I installed a MagXtender to increase the capacity of a couple of my 700's. Not detachable, but it gives a couple/three more rounds to use.
:)

Do you also not use whatever scope/rings/stock/action/bipod, etc. that was used?
I just HAD to ask, 'cuz I think that argument to not buy H-S Precision is a lame one. I've said that before on another forum.
If you truly believe that, don't buy all the OTHER equipment used in that 'murder'.

An important difference is the makers of all his other equipment, didn't put him in their catalog to help sell their stuff. HS Did.

Yup. I ain't advocating not using HS Precision because Horiuchi used it during the murder - I'm not even sure what the rig he used was, and frankly don't care that much. I'm advocating not using it because HS Precision sought out his endorsement, put it on the front of their catalog, and then when confronted about it issued a non-apology. There are also indications that not only are they non-repentant, they don't see what Horiuchi did as being wrong.

So yeah. I ain't doing any business with them, and I urge others not to either.

Last edited:
Back