remington 700 xcr tactical long range 300 wm

USCG

Has anybody tried out or does anybody own the remington 700 xcr tactical long range the 300 win mag version in particular. I found some factory seconds online with minor cosmetic blemishes marked down from around $1400 to $869, is it woth taking the plunge?
Thanks in advance for your time.

If this is going to be your first long range rifle you are probably better off getting a 308 or 223. As far as the Remingtons go, they shoot just fine, most of the heavy barreled Remmys shoot between 1/2 and 1 MOA with match ammo.

Jimro

long range

I have an FN SPR A1 in .308 right now, and this opportunity popped up, I figured it would be a good step from my .308 and I can use some of my same bullets from reloading for my 308.

By all means go for it. If you are shooting 175 gr HPBT's out of the FN SPR then they'll do nicely out of the 300 Win Mag. I'm about to see what I can get with some of the 168 gr HPBT's that I have on my bench from 300 Win Mag.

Jimro

168s

Right now I'm loading 168 gr sierra match kings and hornady a-maxs, I just picked up some 155gr match, and 180gr match bullets so I can try those out in the spr

Back