Remington 700 VTR not feeding..

SD_Chop

Anyone have any issues with their 700 VTR (.308) not feeding properly?? Rounds seem to be really tight to get in, once the 3rd round in loaded and chambered the bolt will just glide over the other rounds. If i put 2 rounds in the both will just grind into the round and not load it? Gun is brand new, 2 range trips of single shots because it wont cycle rounds properly. Thanks

Yeah it happens. I've had a rifle with that same issue. It was a brand new rifle and the issue was the follower wasn't installed right.

ok ill check when i get home. quality control seems to be lacking at remington. Had to send another 700 back for a trigger recall earlier this year

Doesn't sound like the exact same problem but my 2014 production SPS in 308 has had issues feeding the last round from the magazine but only when you load in 3+. If I put just one or two rounds in the magazine it feeds fine, any more than that and the last round will defy any attempt by the bolt to feed. One must re-align the round, usually by pressing near the front of the case, in order to get it to go. I tweaked the follower spring a bit and for a time it worked flawlessly, but alas the last time I had it out it again failed to feed the last round. I've done my share of searching and found others who seem to find themselves in the same boat. Funny thing it seems to only be the rifles chambered in 308, not sure why that is.. There is at least one place where I found follower springs some one had special made and were selling for something like $25 each. Not sure I'm there yet but I am sure it will annoy me to that point sooner or later.

Follower was installed correctly. Looks like the metal lining in Stock for the integrated mag is bent on the top right side... anyone seen this? Should I just try to bend it back

Back