Remington 700 VLS vs. Winchester Coyote??

Shake

Which would you choose and why? I just got a look at the "Coyote" and it seemed to be a nice rifle. It has a "medium" weight barrel and a wood laminated stock. It's barrel length is 24" vs. the Remington's 26". The Winchester has a stainless barrel and a blued action. It is also the push feed type.

Has anyone had any experience with the Coyote?

If you were choosing one for accuracy which would you go with?

Shake

Although I have not actually fired one, I got to look over a Coyote rifle very closely.

Sure the rifle looks nice as far as factory rifles go- no major machining marks or chatter, smooth bolt throw, even finish, good wood to metal fit, blah blah blah.

I can't help but think that Winchester is getting rid of all those old push feed actions by making guns like these.

Although I am a fan of Winchester rifles, especially the Classics, I would not consider any other (available) factory rifle than a Remington 700 for a varmint rifle- A VS-SF in .22-250 to be specific- due to the fact there is a higher probability you'll get an accurate rifle out of the box as well as the dedicated varmint stock and adjustable trigger.

With that being said, if Winchester could get it together and come out with something like the Sharpshooter series again I might change my mind...

Howdy, well I am waiting for my Coyote to come. I ordered one in the .22-250 and it should be here next week. However, I have been in corrispondance with a gent that has the gun I ordered. He just got it and is working up loads right now. Here is some of the stuff he sent me.
I shot 1 “ groups at 200 yrds with.........

IMR 4064 35.9 grains Hornady SPSX ( SX) 50 gr. bullets
the cathc was the oveall cartrage length... 2.440....
For 200 yards off a 24" barrel, I consider that pretty good. He is expecting sub-3/8" off out of it today. I will gladly foward you what he sent me, just email me. HOpe this helps. I am really looking forward to getting the rifle now. Blackpaw

Back