Remington 700 trigger work.

El Rojo

I just bought a Rem 700 VS in .308. Could anyone give me a brief on how to adjust my trigger. Don't have the money right now to buy a nicer non-factory trigger. I would greatly appreciate any of your input on how to make this already superb rifle even more superb. Good shooting. reply or e-mail me. elrojo14@lightspeed.net Thanks a million.

[This message has been edited by El Rojo (edited April 24, 2000).]

test. Sorry I have to check to see which e-mail address I have on this account.

[This message has been edited by El Rojo (edited April 24, 2000).]

Sniper Country had an article the last time I checked. They're at http://www.sniper.com/articles.htm Once you've adjusted it, test it thorough with empty cases fitted with live primers. You want to ensure that you won't have any unintentional discharges.

Mind you, it's not hard to do, but Remington will disavow any warranty and they can tell whether the trigger has been played with. You're on your own.

I don't think that Remington would try to weasel out of their warranty, unless adjusting the trigger was responsible for whatever went wrong. Remington used to supply adjustment instructions with their rifles...before we became such a litigious society.

I'll e-mail detailed instructions directly to you.

Red: I do not know how to adjust the Remingto trigger. I have a 700 VS in .308 just like you. I took it to a local gunsmith and he adjusted it down to 2 1/2 lbs for $25.00. He said he could not go lower than 2 lbs. Once you adjust the trigger, close bolt on empty chamber and set to fire, then strike buttstock on a hard surface a few times to see if rifle accidentally discharges.
Sling Shot

[This message has been edited by Sling Shot (edited April 24, 2000).]

I just finished shooting about 2 dozen ground squirrels with 110 gr V-max reloads. Very nice. I highly recommend V-max to any of you varment hunters. The trigger definetly needs some adjustment.

I am going to go try to adjust the trigger now. Thanks a lot for your help.

Back