Remington 700 trigger connector control

I just read an article, believe by a law firm, that discusses the Remington 700 trigger connector control. They state that "dirt" can cause it to allow the gun to fire without pulling the trigger.

I believe they said the latest model 700's do not have this part and are thus a more safe gun.

I'm not sure how accurate they are about this.

Anyone have knowledge of this?

Old news. The Remington issue has been well known for at least 30 years. Remington redesigned the bolt in 1982 and has advertised heavily in the hunting and shooting magazines since then trying to get shooters to return the older rifles to be modified. There has been at least one other news TV program warning shooters of the problem within the last 10 years or so.

The chances of the gun firing without pulling the trigger are quite rare, but very real. For legal purposes it is in Remingtons best interest to keep denying the problem exists and blame it on shooters. To be honest it is probably the fault of the shooters in many cases, but I've seen it happen to a clean, unmodified gun so I know for a fact it is possible.

Remingtons made starting in 2007 have a new trigger and it should be a safer design.

Back