Remington 700 Timney 510 trigger replacement

Twohawks11

I apologize if this has been talked about before
I tried searching the site and I must not be wording the question well enough...
My question/situation is this
I just replaced my Remington 700 CDL trigger with a Timney 510 trigger.
It performs all the trigger tests so far as I have not put it back in the stock yet
What I mean by that is that I can put the bolt into the action and take it out.
I can not pull the trigger when the safety is on and I can pull the trigger when the safety is off.
However after I pull the trigger with the safety off I can not turn the safety on unless I cycle the bolt.
I am pretty sure this is not the way it should work?
Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance

However after I pull the trigger with the safety off I can not turn the safety on unless I cycle the bolt.

That is exactly how it works. Why the need for the safety being activated without the bolt being cocked?

Thank you for your reply
before the trigger change after I fired a shot I could put the safety on so I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.
I feel better now, everything else seems to work just fine
Thank you

Thank you for your reply
before the trigger change after I fired a shot I could put the safety on so I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.
I feel better now, everything else seems to work just fine
Thank you

Are you 100% sure that's the way it was working before? I am not calling you a liar I just never heard of any Rem 700 working that way. Just so you know you are not supposed to be able to put the safety on with the firing pin in the uncocked (fired) position.

Back