Remington 700 Stock

SIGAHOLIC

Inactive
Has anyone out there tried Accuracy International's AICS stock system for the Remington 700? I'm interested in buying one but wanted to hear what your impressions were of the stock. Since I can't afford their $4000 .308, I must build my own. Thanks for your info.

I have used them and several of our shooters use them. The shooters that use them really like them. I personally don't like them for the cost. I would rather buy one of the other great stocks on the market and put the extra $200 into a new trigger. Plus, AINA is not known for stellar customer service.

Don't know much about AICS other than it looks to be the same setup as on my AWP. I will note that on the AWP the action is not only screwed onto the chassis but also chemically bonded (JB Weld type).

I'm sure alot of my AWPs accuracy has to do with the "stock" and I agree with their ad.. it is boring in it's consistant accuracy (if I do my part).

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Thanks for the info MTB and Schmit.

MTB, I've heard about their customer service and agree that they are pricey. But, I wanted something different from everyone else. I'll keep comparing the other stocks out there. Have you heard any other negative things about them? Were these all AICS stocks with 700 actions mounted or were there any complete rifles from Accuracy International?

Thanks again!

Check out more AI info on our site - http://www.snipersparadise.com/accuracy.htm and http://www.snipersparadise.com/AI/ai_letter.htm

We have several something like 8 full AI rifles on our immediate group. There are also a number of AICS stocked Remingtons. If you are looking for different, look at the McMillan LOD stock. I posted on it in a related question on stocks. This stock is thumbhole (much bigger hole), adjustable pull and seek rest. It has rails (front and back) and 4 sling swivel mounts. I actually like this stock very much. For me it is very comfortable but I found something I like better and that is the newest HS fully adjustable stock. ---Thomas

Back