Remington 700 recall

Remingtons "non dangerous" trigger is now dangerous. How hard is it to build a trigger? They are pretty simple mechanisms. Eventually are all our rifles going to have the military type triggers of the early 20th century Mausers?

Last edited:
Id imagine excess bonding agent means thread locker?

I dont get how a company can be gobbing on enough glue to make the trigger dangerous and not notice for 8 years.... if mine is on there, I think ill just take my chances until I can pick up an aftermarket replacement. I always keep my gun pointed in a safe direction anyway... rule number 1

Bwahahahaha!! When Midway's sale email last week said they had Timney triggers on sale I mentioned to the wife I wanted one. Her response was 'why do you need that?, your 308 and trigger are barely a year old.'

Thank-you Remington!!

How hard is it to build a trigger? They are pretty simple mechanisms

They should be, but Remington has wanted to build Rube Goldberg contraptions into their guns since the 1940's to make them fire. I have no idea why.

For those who don't know about Rube Goldberg

http://coolmaterial.com/roundup/rube-goldberg-machines/

Eventually are all our rifles going to have the military type triggers of the early 20th century Mausers?

That would be a step in the right direction.

2 of my rifles fall into this a tactical long range XCR and a SPS . I dont intend to send them in for them to look at . But its kind of disturbing to think a accident could happen .

Remington Recalls

Remington has been recalling their rifles and ammo for years now for one reason or another. This recall concerning their X Pro triggers shouldn't surprise anyone. Brings back memories of all their law suites of 20 and 25 years ago relating to accidental discharges of their Model 700 rifles because of faulty trigger/safety design. Here we go again.

Back