Remington 700 PSS

I have a Remington 700 PSS in .308 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it has an adjustable trigger. Some people tell me it does and others say it doesn't. I would like to "lighten" it up a little and I was thinking that they had some adjustment that could be done if you only knew how to do it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

They are adjustable . I would not mess with the sear engagement but just the weight [bottom front] and overtravel [top front]. I always set mine and then smack the butt of the rifle firmly on the ground when cocked to make sure it will not accidentally fire . I also put a drop of glue/fingernail polish on the screws I have moved . I hope this helps . Below is a page that explains the process . If you are not comfortable with these steps take it to a gunsmith .

http://www.recguns.com/IIID2a18a.html

Good Luck , Mike...

Haven't messed with a PSS in a couple of years, so there may be some changes. Last month's issue of Precision Shooting's Tactical Shooter magazine had an article that stated that the latest M700's triggers are less adjutable that previous rifles. I would buy an aftermarket trigger and do it right.

Giz

They are fully adjustable. Without really disagreeing with Mike B's post, I would highly recommend that you adjust the trigger the right way, not merely 2/3 of the way. I've adjusted both my PSS and my VSSF with the method outlined, IN DETAIL, by Pablito in the "ARTICLE" section of
http://www.snipercountry.com
under the heading "How To". It works like a charm and I've never had an adjusted trigger fail on me yet. Follow the instructions to the letter and you'll be on your way.

Absolutely no offense intended to Mike B's post, but if you adjust the trigger, adjust it fully, in sequence, and there is much less of a chance of having a problem in the future.

Cheers,
Mike

------------------
"There's gunpowder and there's pu**y. Live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both."

Mike A , no offense taken . I have always just lowered the weight of pull and confirmed overtravel . The sear engagement was something I thought I could easily mess up . I will go look at the article you mentioned . Thanks for the info , Mike...

For liability purposes, Remington no longer publishes a "how to adjust your trigger" in the manual anymore. They can tell at the factory if the trigger has been played with. If you have any doubt or are unsure, take it to a gunsmith and let his insurance company cover you.

Back