Remington 700 project

OEF-Vet

I am currently collecting the parts to build a Remington 700 varmint/target rifle in 308 Win. I am starting with a Rem 700 SPS Varmint 26" bull bbl 1:12 twist.

I would love to see photos of what you all have done. Please post photos. Let us know what parts you have assembled and how it shoots.

Got the parts together

Dry fitting prior to bedding.

th_DSCF0653.jpg

th_DSCF0654.jpg

th_DSCF0658.jpg

th_DSCF0659.jpg

th_DSCF0661.jpg

Not Totally Custom

Here is mine. Started out as an SPS Varmint .308 26" just like what you describe.

Since then, I have added a Timney trigger set at 1.5 pounds, a Bell and Carlson Medalist vertical grip stock in olive, Harris Bipod 6-9", and a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x 50mm scope. It shoots really well. I use it for F/TR with a 175 Gr SMK Handload.

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

Saltydog235 Sweet! Is that a Duracoat finish? I have been contemplating doing my barrel and action in cooler green.

I had a Remington action laying around so I decided to make an across the course gun, (bolt gun used in HP rifle). Put a fancy Bishops target stock, made a rail for the hand stop. Douglas Prem 26 inch barrel. Nice rifle, except it didn't shoot for poop, or at least as good as I wanted it to shoot.

P1010001.JPG

Then I decided to give it to my grandaughter and her little friend to for a sciene project. Cutting the barrel 2 inches at a time checking the velocity.

063.JPG

066.JPG

After she got through I pulled the barrel (or what was left of it) and stuck on a shilen stainless 1:10, chambered it for 308, put it in a plastic stock, stuck a 4X Scope. This was for my grandson's 12 birthday, (when you can legally hunt in Wyoming).

Damn thing shoot's like a house on fire, a heck of a lot better then when it was an Across the Course Rifle.

Guns%20003.JPG

Back