Remington 700 price check...

superman02

Inactive
I am wondering what some of you would pay for a 20 year old Remington Model 700. I have a friend of the family selling it and asking me what I would pay for it. I wanna buy it, but not sure how much would be a good price. It also has a Leupold Scope on it.

She is also selling...
Remington Model 120 (has a scope)

Remington Model 40-x (has a high power scope)

Remington Model M540xR - Has a All American 8x Perma Center Lyman Scope

Can anyone give me a price check on any of these? They are all about 20 years old.

Thanks!

Just last year I paid 475.00 for a 1983 Remington 700 in .308. Pawn shop rifle. It had a Leupold VX1 in 3X9. I'd estimate the condition at about 90% or better. Rifling is sharp and clear.

If you'd like to check the date codes on those firearms, the link is here.

It is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it - no more, no less. Every area is different. You can always go on the auction sites and look at closed auctions

I had a 30 year old LH 7mm 700 BDL for sale for a while with a Weaver US-made 3X9, dies, brass, double rifle hard case and couldn't even get a bite at $600. Also had two stocks - original and B&C camo one

Pulled it off the market.

It will also depends on WHEN it hits the market - right before hunting season sees prices different than right after hunting season

+1 for oneounce

It doesn't matter what it is, anything is worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to take.........

Problem as I see it, is that after all the hullabaloo about the trigger/safety problems with the 700's, I would suspect many will be a little gun shy about them. Those made after 2007 had the problem fixed.

Jim

You can check auction sites, such as gunbroker.com, or Cabelas gunroom site and see what those models are going for. By the way, my understanding is that "40-X" is the designation for a rifle made in Remington's custom shop, and might be a a very special piece. I'd sure take a close look at that one...Topcoat

Rem 700 BDL with a Leupold scope should go for somewhere around $450-$500. A Rem 700 ADL, you can knock about $100 off of that. Either is a good rifle, but the BDL just draw more money.

Rem 40X- Need more info. Depending on the chambering and condition, they sell for $900-$3,000.

Rem 540XR- Again, depending on condition, about $300-$800. The scope alone could be worth another $200. BTW, this rifle is about 40 years old, they were only made for 4 years from 1969-1973. They were the last of the Remington 3-position match club rifles (nice rifles, but no match for an Anschutz). I wish I could find one.

I am not familiar with a Remington Model 120 (Model 12, Model 12A, Model 12C, yes, but not a Model 120).:confused:

I think I answered this thread in a different place.

Find out more details about the 40-x. There might be a lot of interest here if you don't want it.

Back