Remington 700 performance

I had a Remington 700 ADL in 7mm Mag many years ago. Didn't shoot it much and it was a fine gun.

Just wondering if those of you with lots of model 700 experience have had any trouble to speak of with this gun? Thinking about getting a Model 7 in 7mm-08 due to it being so light and handy. Also 7mm-08 is a cartridge I've never had and would be good for all-around use. And, like the shorter bolt movement of the shorter action this cartridge allows.

7mm/08 is one of my new favorite calibers. Great all around caliber. Just a little better than the world renouned 7x57mm.

Bill

The Rem700 is still the best gun out there. Yes there is really nice firearms out there, that can give it a run for it's money but the Rem700 is the best action and completely customizable. And you'd have to look long and hard to find a gunsmith that doesn't accurize it or copy it for their custom actions.

The 7mm-08 is a great cartridge. When topped with a high bc bullet, it can carry a large amount of energy downrange. Making it better than the 308 win, (which is my favorite)

The Rem700 is still the best gun out there. Yes there is really nice firearms out there, that can give it a run for it's money but the Rem700 is the best action and completely customizable. And you'd have to look long and hard to find a gunsmith that doesn't accurize it or copy it for their custom actions.

The 7mm-08 is a great cartridge. When topped with a high bc bullet, it can carry a large amount of energy downrange. Making it better than the 308 win, (which is my favorite)

Agreed!!!

I believe in the Remington 700 to this day. My first rifle was an ADL in 6mm, my last rifle that I bought is a Remington 700 CDL in .257 Weatherby:
425.jpg

422.jpg

All the remingtons I've fired were accurate. It mostly comes down to which ammo it likes. I would say there are better rifles out there but I think today, the 700 is the standard by which all others are measured, sort of like glock.

I think the 7 will be every bit as good as the 700, just stay away from the 770.

I have a 42 year old Rem. 700 ADL (made in 1968) in .270 Winchester. It sports a Leupold VX-3, 2-8 power scope. I had the barrel and action hard chromed due to the blued steel rusting because it always gets wet when I am in the field (rain, sweat, creeks, etc.). I last had it out yesterday looking for pigs. I have other rifles but the 700 ADL does what is required of it- shoot straight and accurately (1 and 1/4 inch MOA with handloads). Good rifle, no complaints.

best wishes- oldandslow

I've owned a bunch and still own three 700s. I'd get a Mountain Rifle since the 7 comes with 20" barrel. The extra 2" of barrel will help in that cartridge.

I have a 1963 300 mag 700 still a great rifle. I like the older ones slick them
up alittle throw it in the truck.

Back