Remington 700..Pardon the ignorance, which one do I have???

golfnutrlv

Hey everyone, just trying to think which 700 version I have. ADL, or BDL. I ask because I am looking into a new stock. Help??

Rifle is a 700 SPS Varmint, 26" .308 Winchester. The standard black varmint barrel, NOT THE STAINLESS ONE!

I believe it is a BDL, but refresh my memory, make sure I am right.

Thanks all...

The magazine in the Remington 700 ADL does not have a drop plate - you get the rounds out of the magazine by cycling them through the action.

I think that's the primary difference.

Well, that tells me what I need to know. I remember now. For the record, my rifle does unload through the tailgate...meaning bottom with floor plate...:D

Thank you!!!

It isn't a BDL it is an SPS (Special Purposes Synthetic IIRC) rifle. BDL rifles have a wood stock and better bluing. You just have a model that uses a hinged floor plate. CDL and XCR rifles have the hinged floor plate as well.

While technically it is SPS, when ordering a stock the term BDL is floorplate, ADL is blind magazine. Most of the custom stock makers have come to use the BDL, ADL terms even when refering to guns other than Remington. They don't care exactly which model it is. They only want to know if the stock you are buying needs a cutout for a floorplate or not.

Back