Remington 700 Mountain 30-06

yournodaisy

So I was in a gun shop today. Found a Remington 700 Mountain rifle wood stocked. Absolutely beautiful 30-06. Redfield mounts and a decent scope on it. Scope was mounted properly. Gun is about 97 Percent with a small wear on edge of trigger guard. Couldn't believe the price tag. $ 399.00. Bought it. Trying to figure out when these wood stocked mountain rifles were made. I'm thinking 2010, 2011 ish. The synthetics came out 2012. What say you guys?

crime

Man, you STOLE that rifle. Congrats on nabbing a really desirable gun. I can't help you with year of manufacture, but there should be websites that should provide an answer easily. Seems as if there's a "Rem Collectors Assoc" that lists serial numbers.

The Mtn Rifles had a bit of a reputation as kickers, and the '06 might jar you a bit with heavy bullets. Were it mine, I'd run 150-165's and gloat every time I carried it.

You got a heck of a deal. The wood stocked 700 Mountain Rifles were from the early 2000s to maybe 2010. I remember looking at one in the early 2000s. Use the Remington date codes to nail it down.

They've been making that rifle since the 1990's at least, maybe even the 1980's. Look up the date code on the left side of the barrel.

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/ma...anufacture Dates M – 1921 , 14 more rows

I've had a few over the years. They made some in ADL version with SS and factory Synthetic stocks. Mine were reasonably accurate for 2-3 shots. After that they shot patterns. Recoil is a little brisk.

The ones that are really worth some money are the Ti versions. The receiver is made of lightweight titanium with a lightweight Bell and Carlson stock and SS barrel. After that they made the Alaskan rifle with all SS metal in the same stock. The Alaskan was a bit heavier, but cheaper too.

Looked it up, first introduced in 1986. If this one is made prior to 2014 you really want to replace the trigger.

I think it was 1988 or 89 that I bought my first real rifle. A new in the box Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in .280 Rem. Still have it. She doesn't see as much time in the woods as she used to. But still my favorite.

I watched as they paraded through different chamberings in the next few years for the Mountain Rifle. Would have liked to pick up a few of those.

I love that caliber. Just one question, are these the rifles that had the problem with misfires because of the trigger mechanism. Some of them would fire when closing the bolt. Don't recall if they got recalled and fixed.

E N would be Oct of 1993. That's a crazy deal.. makes me wonder how well that business knows the market. They may not be around that long, haha.

Back