Remington 700 LTR Trigger guard

cw308

The aluminum trigger guard on a tactical weapon should not be,even though it's a shooter, I feel it should be steel. Looking for bottom steel trigger guard, anyone out there have any advice.

Im sure if you google it or Midwayusa.com it or Brownells.com it you will find a steel 700 trigger guard. I never had any issues with the two 700 LTR's I own however.;)

Not sure what a "tactical weapon" is, as it is impossible for a weapon to enact tactics...

I assume you're referring to the trend of militaristic-type firearms that has consumed the firearms market in recent years... If that's the case; keep in mind that all M16/M4's in current military service are aluminum... And most are used much more harshly than your Remington 700 will be...

End result: You'll likely never break it unless you're trying to do so. However, if you want the steel, go for it... I'm sure you can find one on www.midwayusa.com or www.brownells.com

Re: Rem 700 Trugger guard

I just recently purchased a Remington 700 P and noticed the same thing about the trigger guard/floor plate assembly. At first I thought it was plastic the way the floor plate popped open so fast when I pressed the release button, it kind of made a buzzing sound it was so thin. So I ordered and installed the Badger Ordnance 5 round detachable box magazine and trigger guard assembly which is really heavy duty. I love my rifle even more now and the magazine and trigger guard assembly fit great. I just had to inlet the stock to get everything to fit properly. Only after I removed the old trigger guard and looked a little closer did I realize that it was aluminum and not plastic. The Badger Ordnance M5 is also made of aluminum so it doesn't add too much weight to the rifle. It's a whole different type of aluminum though, really strong and I like the finish too.

Last edited:
You can also "snipe" with a brick or a rock.
www.williamsfirearms.com has very nice drop in floor plates/steel replacements,these are what Brownells sells.I just put one on a Win. 70,worth the money,Obendorf design.$215.00 Detatchable box mag from H-S Precision is cool if you have the $ 350.00 or so,but is very high quality.

I was taught in 1973 that the M1BFR (Big Fat Rock) was the oldest weapon in man's inventory. Some believed the oldest weapon is the M2BFS (Big Friggen Stick) , but Drill Sergeant Anderson maintained that the BFR was older than the BFS. Such was the nature of my indoctrination to the tactical side of human endeavor. Everything invented since is man's attempt to improve on his ability to throw a rock or jab a sharp stick.

There are no tactical trigger guards. Tactical is a state of mind.

trigger guard

Some guys just like playing hard ball. I just like steel on a trigger guard. Looking for a drop in steel, I know tactical,I also was a GI trained and carried the black stick 67-68 Tet so don"t go dinky dow on me.

Back